Sri Lanka Tourism allowing fully vaccinated Indian Tourists to Travel to Sri Lanka with some travel guides. Such as Indian Tourists visiting Sri Lanka under tourist visa (also includes international tourists arriving from India). No prior approval is required from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Civil Aviation Authority. There is no minimum duration of stay in Sri Lanka.
Fully Vaccinated Travelers from India who have completed the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccination and arriving after 2 weeks of completion of vaccination will be considered under this route.
COVID 19 recovered passengers traveling to Sri Lanka with one shot of vaccine will be considered as ‘fully vaccinated’. The vaccination certiﬁcate should indicate that the vaccination course has been completed following the administration of one dose.
- Any vaccination type accepted by the country of origin is acceptable.
- Prior to boarding, travelers are required to:
- Have a valid tourist visa before boarding ﬂight. All visas must be applied online.
Before applying for a visa, ensure you have the following.
- A pre-paid booking at an “L1 Safe and Secure” 3 Star or above category hotel for the ﬁrst 2 Days until the
- An on-arrival PCR test is performed.
- A pre-paid booking/s at 3 stars or above category hotel/s for the rest of stay.
- Hotel booking/s could be made directly with the hotel or through ‘Safe & Secure’ certiﬁed travel
- Pay for the mandatory COVID-19 local travel insurance cover at USD 12 for a policy of USD 50,000 up to a period of one month (including children below 2 years).
- Pay for the on-arrival PCR test (USD 40 per PCR test). Children below 2 years are excluded from PCR tests.
Have negative PCR test done within 72 hours prior to embarkation (Children below 2 years are excluded).
- Airport transfers to be arranged by either the respective Certiﬁed Safe & Secure hotel or Certiﬁed Safe &
Secure travel agent.
At the airport produce the following:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test report (English) taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation (excludes children below 2 years).
- Original vaccination certiﬁcate/card.
- Completed Health Declaration Form.
On arrival PCR test & leaving the bubble:
On arrival PCR test is performed at your “L1 Safe and Secure” 3 stars or above category hotel and upon a negative on the Arrival PCR test report, travelers can leave the bio-bubble. The respective hotel doctor or Hotel Management will issue a “Discharge Document” upon verifying the status of vaccination and PCR test results.
- The travelers are required to continue the rest of their stay at 3 star or above-category hotels.
Children between 2-18 years not vaccinated are allowed to leave the bubble with fully vaccinated parents upon a negative on the arrival PCR test. However, these children should undergo a COVID-19 PCR test arranged by the Hotel on Day Ten after arriving in Sri Lanka from a Ministry of Health approved Private Sector or State Sector Laboratory and inform the results immediately to area MOH by telephone or email.