Botswana High Commission in Delhi, India
- C-9/3 Near C Block Market, Vasant Vihar
South West Delhi 110057
- CONTACT NUMBER
- +91 11 4653 7000
- +91-11-4603 6191
- WORKING DAYS
- Monday to Friday
- WORKING HOURS
- 9.00 AM -6 PM
- HEAD OF MISSION
- H. E. Ms. Lesego Ethel Motsumi
- DESTINATION MAP
- Google Map Link
Jurisdiction is the operational range of the diplomatic mission. Based on the location, every mission has its own jurisdiction. Botswana diplomatic missions situated in different states and major cities in India have different jurisdictions as per their power and capacity. An Indian candidate may apply to a particular mission depending on their State of Residence (It is the state that you have been residing for more than six months). The duties of the mission are classified accordingly.
The Botswana High Commission is the one of the diplomatic missions of Botswana in India. Conducting visa interviews, providing High Commission attestation, helping the needy with the immigration process are some of the major duties of the Botswana High Commission. Botswana has its jurisdiction as following:
Odisha, Telangana, Jammu And Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Daman And Diu, Dadra And Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Andaman And Nicobar Islands
Consular services/Responsibilities of Botswana High Commission:
The consulates and embassies have services to provide to the seekers. The services provided are listed as follows:
- Represent Botswana as a country: Adhering to the relationship and benefits of the Botswana union, improving the communication level of both countries are the ways how the High Commission represents the country of Botswana. Taking care of the political, economic, social, cultural and defence issues as well as any other matter of interest to Botswana are other duties of the High Commission.
- Assisting the authorities from Botswana to visit India: There are times when the authorities from the country might need to visit India for some reason. The High Commission is obliged to assist them in entering the country and assisting their matters here.
Issuance of an Indian visa for Botswana: The High Commission has certain duties towards issuing of visa for the Indian citizens. The duties are listed as follows:
- Taking in the applications: Applications made online or offline directly on the country website or country High Commission website are accepted by the Botswana High Commission. These can be tourist visas, employment visas, resident visas or business visas.
- Verification of the forms: The forms are verified by the High Commission and checked if the information provided is valid. The further process is then carried onwards.
- Attestation of documents: It is a part of the visa documentation process which is done by obtaining a stamp from the High Commission. There are other levels of document authentication prior to the High Commission attestation. It is done for the issuing of long-term visas like a resident, employment or student visa.
- Conducting visa interviews: The High Commission conducts interviews for the visa applicants whenever required. There is a specialized department for the handling of visas.
- Helping the Botswana citizens with their passport issues: The Botswana High Commission officials assist the citizens from Botswana who is in India at the moment and have passport-related issues.
- Lost passport affidavit: If the passport is lost, an FIR complaint must be lodged at the Police Station. A lost passport must also be issued so that the High Commission can help with the further process.
- Circulate a new passport: At times, a temporary passport is issued by the High Commission in the case of a lost passport.
- Consular help to the citizens of Botswana: Assistance is provided to the individuals of Botswana at the time of arrest or any kind of the judiciary reasons.
- Attending to commercial and financial matters: The High Commission also takes care of the financial matters and the business-related affairs that concern the government of Botswana..
In order to get the required services from the Botswana High Commission, you can contact the High Commission directly for any kind of inquiries and issues related to visa and regulations or the passport requirements. Although, you may need to ensure that the High Commission officials are available before visiting. The address and the office hours must be confirmed by contacting them virtually first.
The information given above is accurate to a point. Yet, we do not promise that the information is complete and can be 100% relied upon. We will still recommend you to contact the High Commission personally in case of any queries that directly relate to it feel free to point out any errors in the data provided.