Greece Consulate in Mumbai, India
- Baharestan, 30/A, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu
- CONTACT NUMBER
- +91 22 660 7852
- WORKING DAYS
- WORKING HOURS
- Friday - 9.00 AM-5.00 PM
- HEAD OF MISSION
- Honorary General Consul: Jeroo Mango
- DESTINATION MAP
- Google Map Link
Jurisdiction is the operational range of the diplomatic mission. Based on the location, every mission has its own jurisdiction. Greece diplomatic missions situated in different states and major cities in India have different jurisdictions as per their power and capacity. An Indian candidate may apply to a particular mission depending on their State of Residence (It is the state that you have been residing for more than six months). The duties of the mission are classified accordingly.
The Greece Consulate is the one of the diplomatic missions of Greece in India. Conducting visa interviews, providing Consulate attestation, helping the needy with the immigration process are some of the major duties of the Greece Consulate.
Consular services/Responsibilities of Greece Consulate:
The consulates and embassies have services to provide to the seekers. The services provided are listed as follows:
- Represent Greece as a country: Adhering to the relationship and benefits of the Greece union, improving the communication level of both countries are the ways how the Consulate represents the country of Greece. Taking care of the political, economic, social, cultural and defence issues as well as any other matter of interest to Greece are other duties of the Consulate.
- Assisting the authorities from Greece to visit India: There are times when the authorities from the country might need to visit India for some reason. The Consulate is obliged to assist them in entering the country and assisting their matters here.
Issuance of an Indian visa for Greece: The Consulate has certain duties towards issuing of visa for the Indian citizens. The duties are listed as follows:
- Taking in the applications: Applications made online or offline directly on the country website or country Consulate website are accepted by the Greece Consulate. These can be tourist visas, employment visas, resident visas or business visas.
- Verification of the forms: The forms are verified by the Consulate and checked if the information provided is valid. The further process is then carried onwards.
- Attestation of documents: It is a part of the visa documentation process which is done by obtaining a stamp from the Consulate. There are other levels of document authentication prior to the Consulate attestation. It is done for the issuing of long-term visas like a resident, employment or student visa.
- Conducting visa interviews: The Consulate conducts interviews for the visa applicants whenever required. There is a specialized department for the handling of visas.
- Helping the Greece citizens with their passport issues: The Greece Consulate officials assist the citizens from Greece who is in India at the moment and have passport-related issues.
- Lost passport affidavit: If the passport is lost, an FIR complaint must be lodged at the Police Station. A lost passport must also be issued so that the Consulate can help with the further process.
- Circulate a new passport: At times, a temporary passport is issued by the Consulate in the case of a lost passport.
- Consular help to the citizens of Greece: Assistance is provided to the individuals of Greece at the time of arrest or any kind of the judiciary reasons.
- Attending to commercial and financial matters: The Consulate also takes care of the financial matters and the business-related affairs that concern the government of Greece..
In order to get the required services from the Greece Consulate, you can contact the Consulate directly for any kind of inquiries and issues related to visa and regulations or the passport requirements. Although, you may need to ensure that the Consulate officials are available before visiting. The address and the office hours must be confirmed by contacting them virtually first.
The information given above is accurate to a point. Yet, we do not promise that the information is complete and can be 100% relied upon. We will still recommend you to contact the Consulate personally in case of any queries that directly relate to it feel free to point out any errors in the data provided.